Our growing law firm located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania is seeking a new Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for helping manage the day-to-day operations of the law firm, supporting the attorney and paralegals, and assisting with a variety of marketing functions. The ideal candidate for this position is friendly and outgoing, self-motivated, and also enjoys working on projects independently.
This position requires a person who enjoys talking to people and has a natural inclination to want to help and connect with anyone they are talking to. Telephone and email correspondence are core responsibilities of this position and will consume a significant amount of your time each day. Accordingly, excellent phone etiquette and confidence on the phone are necessary, as are excellent written communication skills.
This position would be an excellent opportunity for a new graduate or candidate wanting to rejoin the work force due to a breadth of office support activities that will be learned in a caring and collegial environment.
- Daily administrative tasks such as mailing documents, answering phone calls from clients, creating and organizing files and more
- Managing Office Calendar and scheduling appointments
- Welcome clients and visitors to the office
- Nurture professional referral sources through correspondence and thank you cards
- Update spreadsheets, databases and practice management software daily with client and project information
- Serve as a witness to clients’ signatures on legal documents
- Assist in the organizing of marketing events, including researching venues, coordinating with vendors, and ensuring all the pieces come together the day-of the event
- Create and/or order materials for marketing purposes, such as flyers, newsletters, as well as for administrative purposes such as intake forms, form letters, and worksheets
About this Job:
- Job Type: Up to 40 hours per week. Flexible hours available.
- Reliable hours (usually 9:00 to 5:00) with flexibility when you need it
- Beautiful modern office (each person has a private office, in addition to group workspaces)
- Room to grow (and leadership that genuinely wants to help you grow)
- 8 Paid holidays, plus paid time off • We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- Excellent communications skills, including over the phone
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Comfortable with technology, and willing to learn new skills and applications
- Ability to self-motivate when others are not around
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Desired Experience: 2 years client relations or professional office experience or Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.